--------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, July 27, 2009

Recent Acquisitions

Yeah, I know there is a weekly roundup or something on this topic, but I just wanted to let you know what I got recently. Mostly cause I am super excited about them:

American Lion: Andrew Jackson in the White Houseby Jon Meacham
A goodreads first read.

A Circle of Soulsby Preetham Grandhi
A book for review (that would be my first :)

The Penderwicks: A Summer Tale of Four Sisters, Two Rabbits, and a Very Interesting Boyby Jeanne Birdsall
The Dust of 100 Dogsby A.S. King (which has a seriously intriguing and unique premise involving pirates, a curse, and 100 dog lives)
Both of these picked up at a used book store (which I have discovered is the bane of my pocketbooks existence :)

Anything good you recently acquired (by any means...except perhaps theft, since you may not want to publicly admit that...)?

3 comments :

  1. Oh, The Penderwicks is a fabulous book! And congrats on getting your first book for review. Hope you enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got both CIRCLE OF SOULS and THE PENDERWICKS. I'm excited to read them both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard much about The Penderwicks, so I was very happy to find it at the used bookstore.

    I'll have to watch for your reviews, Susan!

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015