--------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Progress Check and Mini-Challenge

Well, it's not been long, but I managed to finish the book that I was half-way through before today! (P.S. name of book is not secret: Daylight Runner.) It gives me a sense of accomplishment, though I didn't read it all today.

I'm taking a break to do this mini-challenge at Bart's Bookshelf, which was a lot of fun. Here's the photo:



the sentence this makes is:
About time the Schwa was here to kill a mockingbird, for whom the bell tolls.

Yeah, not something you want to have in writing, but fun to create, nonetheless! I am about to return to some reading - probably The Name of This Book is Secret for a while. I also mapped myself for Trish at Hey Lady! Watcha Readin?'s mini-challenge. I want to say thanks to all for visiting and cheering me on - I know it sure helps me! And thanks to everyone who put this all together. It's a lot of fun, and there's lots of fun still ahead. Here's an update on my stats:

Books read: 1/2
Pages read: 155
Hours read: 2.5
Stuff not done: just kidding, like I'm gonna tell you about everything that I'm not accomplishing today because I'm reading :)

If you buy through my Amazon linkage,
I will get a very small percentage

7 comments :

  1. I love the sentence you were able to come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sentence! :) Your reading is awesome too-keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came here to cheer you, you see, but I stayed 'cause... Such a creepy sentence! Then again, I'm ornithophobic, so mockingbirds makes me uncomfortable in any context :P

    Keep it up! Hope you're having a wonderful time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Books are awesome
    Books are great
    Congratulations on reading so much
    You’re first rate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys. I thought it was pretty funny at the time. Now, it just looks weird :)

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015