--------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Book Review: Betsy-Tacy and Tib by Maud Hart Lovelace

Betsy-Tacy and Tib adds one more little girl to the Betsy-Tacy duo - Tib. The three girls, who never argue, have adventures all year long. The girls are busy cutting each other's hair, flying, begging, and visiting the circus.

Betsy-Tacy and Tib (Betsy-Tacy Books)

Things I Liked:
These books are fun, sweet, and simple. They don't try to do too much in one. I think they capture the essence of childhood - the freedom and crazy ideas and innocent mistakes. I sure wish I'd read them as a child.

Things I Didn't Like:
Poor Tib. Sometimes she says or does things that would normally make other people mad. But, instead Betsy and Tacy just love her because she does those things. It does seem just the tiniest bit unrealistic that they never fight. Were kids (girls, especially) really that easy going? I wasn't.

Read-alikes:
Anything you read as a kid, but especially Little Women by Louisa May Alcott and Anne of Green Gables and sequels by L.M. Montgomery
Start with the first Betsy-Tacy book

BOOK CONTENT RATINGS:
s-factor: none

mrg-factor: none

v-factor: none

Overall rating: ****

I only finished two books (this one and Betsy-Tacy) for the Maud Hart Lovelace Challenge - but I have two more Betsy-Tacy books checked out and I intend the finish all the books!

If you buy through my Amazon linkage,
I will get a very small percentage

4 comments :

  1. I was a big fan of Anne of Green Gables growing up, but didn't hear of these books until earlier this year. I won my first Betsy-Tacy book a few weeks ago and can't wait for it to arrive! Thanks for your review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you'll really like it. I just wish I'd heard of them when I was a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you enjoyed them so much. Thanks again for joining in the reading challenge! It's so exciting that because of the challenge other readers are discovering the books and spreading the word to their friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. S. Mehrens, it was so much fun to "discover" these books. Wish I'd had them when I was a kid...

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015