--------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Book Review: 39 Clues: The Black Circle by Patrick Carman

39 Clues: The Black Circlefinds Amy and Dan seeking clues in Russia.  They manage to team up with some unlikely allies for a time, but when they find themselves in the heart of dangerous territory, they get help from a most unexpected source.

The 39 Clues Book 5: The Black Circle

Things I Liked:
The story still has lots of action and adventure, with plenty of twists and turns throughout to keep you guessing.  It will definitely have the kids entertained and engrossed.  I like that we keep getting further information about the lives of other characters in the game.

Things I Didn't Like:
I think I'm getting tired of the series. Each books seems like the same thing every time, with slightly different plot points and a new clue.While I will probably continue to read the series, I think I won't post a review for each one individually, since the plots are so similar and my reactions about the same.

Read-alikes:
Read the first four books in the 39 Clues series first
It is a bit like the Percy Jackson series, but for younger readers

BOOK CONTENT RATINGS:
s-factor: none

mrg-factor: none

v-factor: none

Overall rating: ***

If you buy through my Amazon linkage,
I will get a very small percentage

No comments :

Post a Comment

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015