--------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Dear Library, I Will Miss You

Melodramatic? Probably. However, I've decided to put all of my holds on suspension until next month. It really pains me to do that, but I have got to finish up what I have on hand, both for the Cybils and for review (that I am actually months behind on). So, here is the last of my library loot for what will probably a few weeks. Sigh.

11 Birthdays by Wendy Mass (for Cybils)
The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd (a reread for my book group)

I also got a few books in the mail:
The Farwalker's Quest by Joni Sensel (for Cybils)
Where the Mountain Meets the Moon by Grace Lin (for Cybils)
Leaving Gee's Bend by Irene Latham (for review)
A Shadow in the Dark by Ronica Stromberg (for review)

If you buy through my Amazon linkage,
I will get a very small percentage

9 comments :

  1. Sad. Totally understand though. I start to think I've got my library books under control.... and then I check out a bunch more. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Britt, I am hoping if I don't get in for any holds, I won't be tempted to browse. I'm already getting excited for letting all those holds become active again and checking out a stackload of books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck getting caught up. You're amazing to accomplish all you do.
    I've awarded your blog the, One Lovely Blog Award - http://camicheckettsbooks.blogspot.com/2010/01/one-lovely-blog-award.html
    Warmest,
    Cami

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Cami! That is very sweet of you to say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha sounds like a good idea! I always end up requesting a ton of books, waiting a while, and then they all come up at the same time and I have no hope of actually getting to all of them! Good luck catching up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My holds come all come in at the same time, too! It's wonderful and frustrating at the same time. Suspending the holds is a brave stance. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, now I am starting to fear I won't be able to read them all in time. Ah, well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am pretty sure I would go through withdrawal if I didn't go to the library at least once a week! Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015