--------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, July 26, 2010

Listless Monday, Water Edition

Listless Monday was inspired by both Amanda at A Bookshelf Monstrosity's feature Books by Theme and Court at Once Upon a Bookshelf's Listed feature.  Be sure to check out their lists!

A Blue So Dark Hannah (Daughters Of The Sea) Forbidden Sea
Sea Change Sea Glass (Glass, Book 2) The Mermaid's Mirror

Since there hasn't been much relief from the heat here, I thought I'd do a list of books that are about water, as an attempt to help us cool off.  And, since I'm going to a nearby lake in a few weeks, it will help me get in the mood too!

Water Edition

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne
Bloody Jack by L.A. Meyer
A Blue So Dark by Holly Schindler 
The Changeling Sea by Patricia McKillip (suggested by Andie)
Dark Life by Kat Falls (suggested by NotNessie and Susan)
The Dead-Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan
Everlasting by Angie Frazier
Farworld, Book 1: Water Keep by J. Scott Savage
Forbidden Sea by Sheila A. Nielson
Hannah by Kathryn Lasky
Horatio Hornblower series by C.S. Forester (suggested by Andie)
The Little Mermaid by Hans Christian Andersen (suggested by Andie)
The Mermaid's Mirror by L.K. Madigan 
Moby Dick by Herman Melville (suggested by Andie)
Over Sea, Under Stone by Susan Cooper
Sea Change by Aimee Friedman
Sea Glass by Maria Snyder
The Sea of Trolls by Nancy Farmer
Siren by Tricia Rayburn (suggested by Alison)
Swim the Fly by Don Calame (suggested by Kelly J.)
They Came From Below by Blake Nelson (suggested by Kelly J.)
Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson (suggested by Andie)
Whale Talk by Chris Crutcher
Would You by Marthe Jocelyn (suggested by Kelly J.)

As always, any suggestions?

If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage

8 comments :

  1. "Swim the Fly" by Don Calame (esp. the paperback cover)
    "Would You" by Marthe Jocelyn
    "They Came From Below" Blake Nelson

    :)

    I LOVE these lists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh ... just looking at all those pretty blue covers makes me feel cooler!

    I was going to suggest DARK LIFE, but NotNessie beat me to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly and NotNessie, thanks for the suggestions :)

    Susan, me too - though, I'm thinking I need a LOT more blue covers (no A/C right now!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Siren by Tricia Rayburn. Summer vacation, romance, and mysterious water-related deaths where the victims wash ashore grinning from ear to ear. What more could you want?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alison, ooh that does sound intriguing! I saw this one after I'd made list and was too lazy to add it. Now I can :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patricia McKillip's "The Changeling Sea" is a favorite of mine. Going traditional, I have always loved Hans Christian Anderson's "The Little Mermaid" and I have to put in a plug for Herman Melville's "Moby Dick". Oh yes (you've got me on a roll now), and what about Robert Louis Stepehnson and "Treasure Island" or all the "Hornblower" books by C. S. Forester?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andie, perhaps I ought to enlist you to create some lists for me! :) Thanks as always.

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015