--------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, October 4, 2010

Listless Monday, Body Parts Edition

Listless Monday was inspired by both Amanda at A Bookshelf Monstrosity's feature Books by Theme and Court at Once Upon a Bookshelf's Listed feature.  Be sure to check out their lists!

Need Bitter Frost Other Words for Love
I love that none of these books is actually on the list, but they all have lips on the cover - I guess I'll have to do a list with books that have parts on their covers. 

I thought it would make a fun sort of Halloween edition to list books that have body parts in their titles.  Obviously, the content of the books might not be scary, but it could make a fun display.  You know, a few hands here and a bone or two there.  It was a fun list to create, anyway.

Body Parts Edition 

Alcatraz Versus the Scrivener's Bones by Brandon Sanderson
The Skin Beneath by Nairne Holtz (suggested by Buried in Print)
Best Foot Forward by Joan Bauer
Big Mouth and Ugly Girl by Joyce Carol Oates
Bones of Faerie by Janni Lee Simner

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Does My Head Look Big In This? by Randa Abdel-Fattah
The Ear, the Eye, and the Arm by Nancy Farmer
The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big Round Things by Carolyn Mackler
Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev
Fall on Your Knees by Ann-Marie MacDonald (suggested by Buried in Print)
A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway
The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
The Golem's Eye by Jonathan Stroud
Heart's Blood by Juliet Marillier
Lemonade Mouth by Mark Peter Hughes
Lips Touch: Three Times by Laini Taylor
The London Eye Mystery by Siobhan Dowd
The 39 Clues: The Maze of Bones by Rick Riordan

My Big Nose and Other Natural Disasters by Sydney Salter
The New Moon's Arms by Nalo Hopkinson (suggested by Buried in Print)
Silent to the Bone by E.L. Konigsburg (suggested by Buried in Print)
Thief Eyes by Janni Lee Simner
The Third Eye by Lois Duncan
Through My Eyes by Ruby Bridges

Tiger Eyes by Judy Blume
The Twisted Heart by Rebecca Gowers (suggested by Buried in Print)

Any suggestions?

If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage

3 comments :

  1. Fun! I'd like to suggest:
    Ann-Marie Macdonald's Fall on Your Knees;
    Nairne Holtz's Beneath the Skin;
    Nalo Hopkinson's The New Moon's Arms;
    E.L. Konigsburg's Silent to the Bone; and
    Rebecca Gowers' The Twisted Heart.
    This will have my reader's brain circling for this afternoon for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah great one! Every time you ask for suggestions though, my mind instantly goes blank. I'm no help at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buried in Print, all such lovely suggestions! I've added them promptly.

    Suey, I tend to get that blank mind when people ask me for book suggestions. Which, as you can imagine, is not a good trait in a librarian.

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015