--------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, November 20, 2010

These are a Few of My Favorite Things

A Bit of Me(Me) is hosted by Danielle of There's a Book.

For this week's question, we are supposed to list at least one thing we're grateful for.  Let's be honest, I've never been good at only picking one thing :)  Here's the short list:


Family
I assume this is number one on pretty much everyone's list.  Where would we be without family or the people in our lives we consider family?  They offer us support and love and everything we humans need.  My husband who is, you know, always there for me (and on and on and on about him).  I love living near most of my family - the get togethers are wildly entertaining (so looking forward to Thanksgiving).  I know I'll miss them when we finally move :)

A Job
This was a hard one for me to say, because I've been struggling so much with my job recently.  But, because of my job, we've been able to pay for my husband's schooling without going into debt.  We have enough to eat and a place to stay warm.  I'm glad to have one, especially in this economic situation.


Books
Yeah, it's cliche I know (considering I blog about books), but it's true.  Books are what keep me sane (some of the time) and help me relax and unwind at the end of the day (or the beginning or the middle).  I love to have something on hand to keep my mind from worrying about stuff I can't control (and some that I can).  This even makes me grateful for parents who taught me to read, for teachers who encouraged it, and for libraries who provide what no one individual could.  I love my books :)

What about you?

If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage

4 comments :

  1. Great list, but I would add faith in God to mine. I would also add that I'm grateful that libraries in Utah are still open and not eliminated like in so many other places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, great list, and I'm the same, Sharon. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think it's cliche at all to say you are grateful for books. They really are such an important part of life and something I'm grateful to be passing on to my own children. It's wonderful!

    I know what you mean about the job thing. My hubby has been really struggling with his, but we're so grateful he has one when there are so many of his recent graduate friends who don't have one. It's a tough situation, but regardless you have to be grateful to have what you do.

    Great post! Thank you so much for joining in this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharon, amen to both of those additions!

    BookMaid, thank you!

    1stdaughter, it's nice to remember it, at least once a year :)

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015