--------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Giving the Library a Break

(hosted by Marg of Adventures of an Intrepid Reader and Claire of The Captive Reader)

So, it's that time of the year again.  The time when I have to put all of my holds on hold.  I was starting to feel pressured to read both my review copies and my library books before they were due.  And with Christmas coming up and a vacation out of town, I figured it was best to just do it now.  It may be some time before I get to do another Library Loot post, since I've put them on hold until the end of January, in anticipation of my Cybils reading.  So, here's (probably) the last for a while:

Bright Blue Miracle by Becca Wilhite
The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan
Bright Young Things by Anna Godbersen

I also got some great treasures in the mail:
The Lost Saint by Bree Despain (yeah!)
The End of the World Club by J&P Voelkel
Invisible Things by Jenny Davidson
The Emerald Atlas by John Stephens
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
Muslim Women Reformers: Inspiring Voices Against Oppression by Ida Lichter

I won a signed copy of The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness from Jill at The O.W.L

What did you get?

If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage

5 comments :

  1. Ha ha, I always feel anxiety to finish my library books before Christmas because I know I'll be getting a bunch of new books and my library books won't get read after that. It's funny, that's a kind of anxiety specially reserved for book lovers.

    And I hope you like The Knife of Never Letting Go! I thought it was one of the most innovative, unique YA in recent memory. I absolutely loved the characters, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should probably do the same thing but I just can't seem to stay away from the library :) Enjoy all of those reads!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie, I love that we have our own special anxiety! And I ADORED Knife of Never Letting Go (just finished Monsters of Men). It really is so different from anything else.

    samantha, it is very hard to do - I've already checked out a few more than I meant too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Graveyard Book was one of my favorite reads last year; hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cass, I've read it and I enjoyed it quite a bit - it's quite creepy!

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015