--------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, December 6, 2010

Listless Monday, Christmas Edition

Listless Monday was inspired by both Amanda at A Bookshelf Monstrosity's feature Books by Theme and Court at Once Upon a Bookshelf's Listed feature.  Be sure to check out their lists!


I've noticed in my own Christmas reading (which seems to rarely happen around Christmas) that kids books are always way better than adult books.  You'll notice that reflected in this list, which is by no means anywhere near complete.  

Christmas Books

The Best Christmas Pageant Ever by Barbara Robinson
The Christmas Box by Richard Paul Evans
A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
Christmas Day in the Morning by Pearl S. Buck (suggested by Des)
Christmas in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder
Christmas Jars by Jason F. Wright
The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey by Susan Wojciechowski
A Christmas Story: The Book That Inspired the Hilarious Classic Film by Jean Shepherd
Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
How the Grinch Stole Christmas! by Dr. Seuss 
It's Christmas, David! by David Shannon 
Let It Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson, Lauren Myracle (suggested by Court)
Letters From Father Christmas by J.R.R. Tolkien
The Little Match Girl by Hans Christian Andersen
Miracle on 34th Street by Valentine Davies (suggested by Tina)
The Night Before Christmas by Clement C. Moore
Peanuts: A Charlie Brown Christmas by Charles M. Shulz
The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg
The Quiet Little Woman by Louisa May Alcott (suggested by Court)
The Tale of Three Trees: A Traditional Folktale by Angela Elwell Hunt

Please share your favorite Christmas/holiday books!

If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage

5 comments :

  1. Agreed! Love the children's books.
    Our very most favorite and cannot be read without tears of happiness:
    Christmas Day in the Morning by Pearl S. Buck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I totally need to read more Christmas books, but I don't think it's going to be this year, but I'm totally adding a majority of these to my TBR list!!

    My favourites are Let It Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson & Lauren Myracle, and a short story by Louisa May Alcott called The Quiet Little Woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started Miracle on 34th Street with my daughters. I remember reading it as a child and loving it, but haven't read it since. So far, we are all enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, the tale of three trees is beautiful! She's a really good author. Her book "The Silver Sword" was riveting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Des, I haven't heard of that one! I've got to read more Christmas books.

    Court, I can't believe I forgot Let It Snow (which I haven't read, but seen many times reviewed). And I've never even heard of that story - I love Alcott, so I need to find it.

    Tina, and I thought it was only a movie - silly me!

    BookMaid, I am forever learning about too many new books to read. I didn't know she'd written other stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015