--------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, January 14, 2011

Everything I Can Remember Acquiring Over the Last Month Plus

(hosted by Marg of Adventures of an Intrepid Reader and Claire of The Captive Reader)

Note to self: don't go this long without some kind of library loot/acquisitions post.  Seriously.  

This will probably leave out some of the books that I got in the mail over the last month or so, but it's the best I can do:

Library:
The Magnificent Twelve: The Call by Michael Grant*
The Shadows by Jacqueline West*
Dragonbreath by Ursula Vernon
Dragonbreath: Attack of the Ninja Frogs by Ursula Vernon*
Fever Crumb by Philip Reeve*
Ninth Ward by Jewell Parker Rhodes*
Reckless by Cornelia Funke*
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (book club!)
A Tale Dark and Grimm by Adam Gidwitz
Ship Breaker by Paolo Bacigalupi 
*=for Cybils!

For review:
Across the Universe by Beth Revis
Death Cloud by Andrew Lane
Drought by Pam Bachorz
Wither by Lauren DeStefano
The False Princess by Eilis O'Neal
No Passengers Beyond This Point by Gennifer Choldenko
The Enchanted Quest by Frewin Jones
The Charmed Return by Frewin Jones

For kicks and giggles (ie purchased):
The Sea of Trolls by Nancy Farmer
From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler by E.L. Konigsburg
The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster
Crispin: The Cross of Lead by Avi
Brisingr by Christopher Paolini
The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley
I also won the Louisa May Alcott: The Woman Behind Little Women DVD from Amused by Books

What did you get?

If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage

5 comments :

  1. What a fantastic list! My IMM post is going to be huge too because I haven't done one since early December.

    I can't wait to read Across the Universe. I got Wither last week and just picked up Ship Breaker at the library after it won the Printz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what you think of Dragonbreath ... I read "Ninja" for Cybils and it beat my expectations. I've got a Tale dark and Grimm. Tell me more about Th Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie ... can't say I've heard about that (blushing as she confesses this!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christina, I kinda liked doing the bigger post, though I am sure I forgot one or two...

    Terry, I'm reading Ninja for Cybils as well, thanks for passing it on! Sweetness is an adult mystery book (no worries about not hearing about it if most of what you read is childrens!) I love it mostly for the quirky main character, Flavia, who has the funniest and most charming views of life. If you get a chance, you should check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I, too, love The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie, especially ruthless Flavia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate, I love her war with her sisters - it reminds me of growing up with my sisters :)

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015