--------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, October 3, 2011

Listless Monday, Cover Trends Edition

Listless Monday was inspired by both Amanda at A Bookshelf Monstrosity's feature Books by Theme and Court at Once Upon a Bookshelf's Listed feature.  Be sure to check out their lists!

This week is less of a list and more a conglomeration of some cover trends I've noticed recently.  Hopefully it will still be interesting to some of you. 

Cover Trends Edition

The first trend is what I call the floating-girl syndrome.  There seem to be quite a few covers that show girls rising or floating.  And I also noticed these particular four are all blue-toned.  Interesting...



The next trend is more of a plain cover with a vignette in the center - usually a portrait of some kind surrounded by designs.  And again, oddly, these particular examples are all warm colors!


The last trend is one I think lots of people have noticed.  It also seems to have a particular place in the dystopian genre.  It is the use of plain covers with just a symbol in the middle.  I rather like this trend, I think.


Notice any particular cover trends recently or have additions to one of these trends?

If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage

3 comments :

  1. I've definitely noticed the floating girls. Either in the air or water, it's quite popular. That's OK cause I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm over the whole floating girls genre. But I do like the last one; dystopian looks cool. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, I'm a fan too!

    BushMaid, those dystopian ones are cool!

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015