--------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, April 29, 2013

Read-a-Thon: Updates and My Final Stats!

So, I decided last minute that I simply could NOT let Dewey's read-a-thon pass me by!  This may be my last chance in a while, because who knows where I'll be when my baby comes. :)  Of course, my day is looking extremely full already (I probably won't get to reading until this afternoon) and I lack the ability to stay up past 10pm, so I'm aiming low and hoping to read for 5-10 hours and maybe finish a book or two.  I am hosting the Book Puzzle mini-challenge again starting hour 6, so be sure to come by then.

I'm so unambitious too, that I don't have a pile of books to read either.  I guess I'll just grab whatever strikes my fancy and hope for something awesome.

Final Update:
Turns out, I pretty much crashed right about the time I did my second update.  So, yeah.  Not so great with the read-a-thon.  But, still glad I decided to try.  And yeah for all the awesome Book Puzzles y'all created!

1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
This is so funny I just can't even.  All of them?  The few that I wasn't actually reading? :)

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
Well, Bomb by Steve Sheinkin was the only one I read, but it was pretty darn exciting and fun!

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
I think it runs very well, as always!

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
Uh, I don't know that I have enough info to answer this.  It was fun to see all the winners each post, though!

5. How many books did you read? What were the names of the books you read? Which book did you enjoy most? Which did you enjoy least?
Just finished the one, Bomb by Steve Sheinkin, which I guess makes it the most and least enjoyed!

6. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? 
Well, I'm going to have a new baby next time, but I'm still thinking I might try to host the Book Puzzle mini-challenge again, because I just love it!

Final stats:
Title of book(s) read: I ended up only reading a few pages of Diverse Energies by various authors and I finished Bomb by Steve Sheinkin
Number of books completed since I started: 1
Pages read since last update: 5
Total pages read since I started: 273
Time spent reading since last update: ~10 min
Time spent reading since I started: 5 hrs (yeah, my minimum goal!)
Mini-challenges completed: 4 (Intro, Alexis' Turn the Page, and Andi's Six Word Celebration, End of Event)

Update #2: Hour 17
Well, good thing my goals weren't lofty, as I'm not sure I'll manage to get much more reading done today!  Still, it's fun to try:

Title of book(s) currently reading: Just finished Bomb by Steve Sheinkin, thinking about starting Loki's Wolves by Marr and Armstrong or maybe Going Vintage by Lindsey Leavitt
Number of books completed since I started: 1
Pages read since last update: 147
Total pages read since I started: 268
Time spent reading since last update: 2 hrs 20 min
Time spent reading since I started: 4 hrs 50 min
Mini-challenges completed: 3 (Intro, Alexis' Turn the Page, and Andi's Six Word Celebration)

Update #1: Hour 10
Well, I've just managed to get in a little bit of (interrupted) reading time so far and I'm about to be interrupted again for a few hours.  Good thing my expectations were low! Here are my current stats:

Title of book(s) currently reading: I'm working my way through Bomb by Steve Sheinkin
Number of books completed since I started: 0
Pages read since last update: 121
Total pages read since I started: 121
Time spent reading since last update: 2 hrs 30 min
Time spent reading since I started: 2 hrs 30 min
Mini-challenges completed: 1 (just the intro)

Intro mini-challenge:
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Sunny (and maybe a little bit too warm already) Arizona.  Hopefully I'll read in my hammock for a while.

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
I haven't got a stack prepared, so I'm hoping to be surprised :)

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Give me some fresh fruit - I've got some yummy pineapple waiting to be eaten.  And probably some chocolate.  And whatever else I crave.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I'm hoping I can find a position comfortable enough to read in for a while - folks aren't kidding when they say that last trimester can be uncomfortable!

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today?
Care less about how much I read and doing every mini-challenge I possibly can. :)  In other words, be more laid back.

Welcome, read-a-thon-ers!  How's your day shaping up?

If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage

10 comments :

  1. Good luck with the rest of the read-a-thon today, and I do hope you can find a comfortable reading position!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Arizona! I lived there a few years ago and I really miss it (not the heat, though). I'm with you on the fresh fruit. Enjoy your hammock and your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos to you, for deciding to take part! And I hope you aren't finding it too uncomfortable... Enjoy the reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I didn't get much done, but I sure had fun!

      Delete
  4. Hammock reading, that sounds wonderful! Happy read-a-thon day and keep up the reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I never did get to chill in the hammock, but I must do it sometime soon!

      Delete
  5. Hey, looks like you are doing great, keep reading!

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015