--------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, January 9, 2015

Book Review: I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter

Here's Karissa's first review!  If you missed her intro post, check it out here.  Feel free to leave her some comments.  I'll indicate a review by Karissa with the gorgeous photo and her name at the bottom of the post. 

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
Publication date: April 2006
Series: Gallagher Girls, Book 1

Summary from goodreads:
Cammie Morgan is a student at the Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women, a fairly typical all-girls school-that is, if every school taught advanced martial arts in PE and the latest in chemical warfare in science, and students received extra credit for breaking CIA codes in computer class. The Gallagher Academy might claim to be a school for geniuses but it's really a school for spies. Even though Cammie is fluent in fourteen languages and capable of killing a man in seven different ways, she has no idea what to do when she meets an ordinary boy who thinks she's an ordinary girl. Sure, she can tap his phone, hack into his computer, or track him through town with the skill of a real "pavement artist"-but can she maneuver a relationship with someone who can never know the truth about her? Cammie Morgan may be an elite spy-in-training, but in her sophomore year, she's on her most dangerous mission-falling in love.
Things I Liked:
I loved this entire series. I loved Cammie’s character, and that of her best friends. In the first book, the friends are slightly stereotypical – you have the smart one, the adventurous one, and the black horse. But they are still interesting to read, and if you follow the whole series, each character is fully fleshed out well. The first book is actually misleading in a way – the synopsis makes it sound like a romance, but it’s more than that. It lays out Cammie’s world, and hints to the conspiracies and danger she and her friends will face in the later books. The writing is also smart, descriptive, humorous and concise. Good combination.

Things I Didn't Like:
This is one of those series that I wish had more books – 6 was not enough. Others may not enjoy the teen elements (she swoons over boys and such) but then, maybe you shouldn’t be in the YA section….

Read-alikes:
The Heist Society Series by Ally Carter
Also Known As by Robin Benway

BOOK CONTENT RATINGS:
s-factor: none

mrg-factor: none 
(I mean she gets excited about holding the boy’s hand, for Pete’s sake!)

v-factor: ->->

Overall rating: ****

A Karissa Review

If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage

6 comments :

  1. I loved this series too. The characters were just too fun. And I loved the addition of Macy later on.

    Thanks for great review!

    Ally @ The Scribbling Sprite

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard good things about this serious. Maybe I'll try one. I'm okay with swooning YA characters. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really a good series, light and easy and just plain fun.

      Delete
  3. This series is so fun! It's silly and far-fetched and zany and just very entertaining. I've only read the first few books, but I've loved them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love its far-fetched ness :) you should definitely finish, it keeps getting better I think

      Delete

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015