--------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Book Review: Princess Academy: The Forgotten Sisters by Shannon Hale

Princess Academy: The Forgotten Sisters by Shannon Hale
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA
Publication date: February 2015
Pages: 336
Source: Library
For: Fun
Series: Princess Academy, Book 3

Summary (from goodreads): *Spoilers for the first two books are quite likely*
After a year at the king’s palace, Miri has learned all about being a proper princess. But the tables turn when the student must become the teacher!

Instead of returning to her beloved Mount Eskel, Miri is ordered to journey to a distant swamp and start a princess academy for three sisters, cousins of the royal family. Unfortunately, Astrid, Felissa, and Sus are more interested in hunting and fishing than becoming princesses.

As Miri spends more time with the sisters, she realizes the king and queen’s interest in them hides a long-buried secret. She must rely on her own strength and intelligence to unravel the mystery, protect the girls, complete her assignment, and finally make her way home.
Things I Liked:
Shannon Hale, how I love thee.  This is such a wonderful book!  Sometimes I worry that I will not enjoy every Hale book I read, but she continues to astound me.  I adore the sisters - I really love where she takes this book.  Shannon doesn't hesitate to put her characters in really tricky situations, ones that you think can only have certain conseqauesnces, but she makes them think hard and find solutions that aren't easy or immediate.  An interesting and unique setting as well.  Just plain good writing and good storytelling.  Plus, I love the power given to girls and women, even subtly.

Things I Didn't Like:
Hm, not sure I can think of anything. Would have liked more Peder?

Read-alikes:
Most things Shannon Hale

BOOK CONTENT RATINGS:
s-factor: none

mrg-factor: none

v-factor: none

Overall rating: *****

If you buy through my Amazon linkage, I will get a very small percentage

No comments :

Post a Comment

Love it when you comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © melissa of One Librarian's Book Reviews 2008-2015